Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Thank God it's Friday!!

2 Corinthians 4:16-18-

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

What a week this has been! My husband has been out of town for the past week and he flies back in tonight. It'll be so good to see him :) It's been somewhat of a stressful week for me. Sometimes kids can be a lot of work! Taking care of them on a daily basis is more work than people realize at times. Though by God's grace, I'm able to do a somewhat decent job of parenting :) Today as I searched through the Bible for encouragement I came across the verse above. God never promises us an easy life but in His Word He tells us that after we have endured and made it through this life, the reward is going to be priceless. This verse encouraged me because it gives me hope. If you don't have hope what do you have? God has been overwhelmingly good to me even with all of the challenges that life continues to throw at me. My challenge at times is being optimistic but by God's grace He's helping me to become increasingly grateful- not focusing on what I don't have but on what he has blessed me with. Thank you for a great week Lord. A week full of your grace and love showered upon my life. Thank you for providing me with every single thing I needed this week. You're the greatest friend a girl could ever hope for!

1 comment:

  1. I love your picture and your blog. This is inspiring. You go you stay-at-home Godly woman!

    ReplyDelete